header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: BTT Tickets, need advice quick

(Read 3648 times)

medinabuckeye1

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
BTT Tickets, need advice quick
« on: March 01, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »
Marq and a few others I know will have some input.  

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for NYC.  I will probably be pressed for time to make the 630 session tomorrow evening.  

I'm on ticketmaster (ap on phone) now and tickets start at $40ea but that is for absolute crap seats (really high, corner).  To get decent seats it is at least $70 ea and that is still upper (but centerish).  

I'm thinking that is WAY too high and I should just hit an ATM, take cash, and haggle for seats outside the arena.  Thoughts?  What price-range should I expect outside MSG tomorrow at 6ish.  

Now keep in mind that I'll be in NYC (hundreds of miles from home).  Wife and I will be wearing tOSU gear and we will obviously be tourists in town for the game.  The Scalpers will obviously be able to see that so they'll know that I am not realistically going to walk away without a ticket.  I figure that will hurt me.  Maybe I can wear a non-tOSU coat so I'm not so obvious.  

Thoughts?

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: BTT Tickets, need advice quick
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:36:09 AM »
I am a big proponent of cash on street.
What will you feel comfortable spending on 2 basketball seats?  You have to want to engage scalpers face to face if you want to find value and work it. Nothing to be scared of, both parties want to transact . Firm, patient.  If you don't like that scene, buy on stub hub or TM.  Or show up at a team bar to solicit.

I just got settled in Scottsdale for some cactus league baseball, so I am not really following the Btt ticket mkt.  Saturday will be priciest especially along the sidelines .

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:37:39 AM »
Since you are cutting it close on time may want piece of mind and buy online

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »
I am a big proponent of cash on street.
agreed, but I don't have experience with hoops tourneys
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 03:44:18 PM »
I've never bought from a scalper. But for me, I'm not going to rely on a scalper for an event I actually care about. And if I've traveled to it, I care. 

medinabuckeye1

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 07:19:47 PM »
Got these for $60 ea well after tip.

medinabuckeye1

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 07:28:04 PM »
For some reason I can't get my picture to show up.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.