header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 Bowl Games

(Read 13647 times)

WC4E

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 Bowl Games
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 11:08:32 AM »
Finally got invited to the party.  Thanks Frankie Fearless.  Slacker?  Not me!

Anyway, I don't have time to follow CFB like I used to, working my ass off in a new town with a whole new deal.  Don't know the inner workings of the Athletic Department.  Sean Snyder would be a helluva lot better choice than Ron Prince was, so I'm not fired up about it either way.  I just wish Bill was younger.  That way I would be, too.  

This is going to date us all...I have a daughter who's a Freshman at K-State.  She was born 2 months after the '98 Big XII Championship disaster, the Monday after which I made my very first post.

She's also a Private First Class, in the US Army Reserves, and will complete her CBRN training at AIT this Summer.  She survived MRSA from the horrible boots she was stuck with at BCT last Summer.  My next daughter wants to go in and do Basic this Summer, before her Sr. year of HS.

Good to see some familiar names, Merry Christmas (late) and Happy New Year!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 11:27:06 AM »
hah, finally make an appearance after a 28-0 second half come from behind bowl victory

Gotta be proud of those daughters!
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

WC4E

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 12:18:40 PM »
Man, I think that Delton kid is the best running QB we've ever had.  If he could throw AT ALL we'd be a load.  He did keep us in the game v. the mighty Sooners, before getting concussed deluxe twice right afterward and having to sit.  I live where he graduated HS now, Hays America, have seen his parents' house with the HS-like K-State Helmet with "DELTON" across it in their front yard.

And yes, trying as it may have been at times, I'm pretty damn proud of my girls.  I don't know how it happened, but they are awesome.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
well, you are a bit closer to civilization and the little apple in Hays

are you at the muni course there or moving up to Smoky Hill with the rest of the lawyers?

or did you just get smart and give up golf?
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

WC4E

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »
I played The Fort (muni) once, and have walked Smoky Hill twice watching kid 2 play for the HS team.  My golf cart is 4 Sale.  I got NO time.  I-70 and College town...use ur imagination.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »
well, being busy can be very good

I hope you are enjoying putting in the time

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »
I loved the 98-yard drive (after the bonehead attempt to return the bouncing punt) that K-State used to salt the game away.  Seemed like it lasted 8 minutes, and when it was over, UCLA was done.

That was classic K-State/Bill Snyder football.
Play Like a Champion Today

WC4E

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »
I used to think I was busy.  Evidently, I was not.  That should have stood to reason when examining how much time I spent BS'ing with you people.  Couple weeks back I billed 63 hours in a week, legit.  I woulda died back in the old days.

That was a nice, ram it down your punk-A-throats 98 yard drive, CW.  Two 15 yarder penalties helped the cause.  I'm concerned Thompson looked so inept, but happy that Delton did so well.  We'll see what shakes out next year...but when you have 2 QB's you got none, right?  

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »
I didn't get to see Thompson, as I was on the last leg of the semi-annual Tulsa-to-Santa Fe road trip, but it sounded bad with him. I caught the 2nd half and Delton looked pretty darned good.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
well, I'm rooting for the Horns tonight vs the old Big 8 squad

not as hard as I thought it might be

I have $$$ on the Horns

I also had money on the FSU Noles, but couldn't really root for them vs So Miss

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 09:26:06 PM »
I used to think I was busy.  Evidently, I was not. 
I'd bet you were pretty busy when those daughters were younger.  Course you probably one of those incredible wives.  Good for you

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 07:25:05 AM »
Well, the Horns did well all around.  They made Frankie some money and brought the Big 12 to 2-2 in bowls.
Congratulations, Horn fans!

DevilFroggy

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 11:46:31 AM »
After facing the eventual Heisman winner (for the second time) TCU now faces the Heisman runner up tonight in San Antonio. While I absolutely think Bryce Love is legit, I think the TCU D should be able to handle him better than they did Mayfield. The question is TCU's offense. Stanford's D isn't elite like it has been some seasons but it's still pretty good, and TCU's offense under Kenny Hill is nowhere near as consistently potent as it was under Boykin. 

I do think TCU wins a close one, 24-21.
I thought I settled my debts that night on the ride home
But I have still got hell to pay

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »
I think TCU wins.  I hope it's a blowout.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.