header pic

The SEC Forum at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Attempt 7 at being ELA

(Read 4685 times)

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Attempt 7 at being ELA
« on: October 23, 2018, 05:42:14 PM »
After a quasi-decent start, I have hit rock bottom, with nowhere to go but up, almost.  I was reflecting that it could mean the conference is competitive, well, except for that one team.  Upsets happen, or don't, but games are often competitive.

Vandy at Arky - This is interesting for two teams nearer the bottom.  Both seem erratic and unpredictable.  I'm going with the home team to win one late and close, 27-24.

UGA at UF - Well, the game is in the state of Florida.  A lot more significance for both sides this time versus in many past years when at least one was done.  UF appears to be "ahead of schedule" with a tough defense and just enough offense.  UGA is behind schedule with a decent defense and a misfiring offense.  That isn't a good recipe for winning this one, UF 26  UGA 16.

UK at Mizzou - Another intriguing matchup.  Both teams are geared to score a lot of points on the other.  I lean to Mizzou in this one 34-30.  Probably a lot of highlights.

A&M @ MSU - Another good one here that could go either way.  I'm going counter to the home team this time, 37-20.  No more cowbell.

Tenn at USCe - One more game that is pretty much in balance with the Vols showing signs of life, but not enough on the road, USC 31  Tenn 17.

Alabama versus BYE - Very tempting to take BYE here as Alabama is clearly struggling to score points and their defense is bad.  I'll go with a 0-0 tie.

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Attempt 7 at being ELA
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 08:33:32 AM »
After a quasi-decent start, I have hit rock bottom, with nowhere to go but up, almost.  I was reflecting that it could mean the conference is competitive, well, except for that one team.  Upsets happen, or don't, but games are often competitive.

Vandy at Arky - This is interesting for two teams nearer the bottom.  Both seem erratic and unpredictable.  I'm going with the home team to win one late and close, 27-24.

WRONG

UGA at UF - Well, the game is in the state of Florida.  A lot more significance for both sides this time versus in many past years when at least one was done.  UF appears to be "ahead of schedule" with a tough defense and just enough offense.  UGA is behind schedule with a decent defense and a misfiring offense.  That isn't a good recipe for winning this one, UF 26  UGA 16.

WRONG, fortunately.

UK at Mizzou - Another intriguing matchup.  Both teams are geared to score a lot of points on the other.  I lean to Mizzou in this one 34-30.  Probably a lot of highlights.

WRONG, but almost sorta right.

A&M @ MSU - Another good one here that could go either way.  I'm going counter to the home team this time, 37-20.  No more cowbell.

Blind Squirrel time here.  

Tenn at USCe - One more game that is pretty much in balance with the Vols showing signs of life, but not enough on the road, USC 31  Tenn 17.

Once again, got one right, but luck and chance.  

Alabama versus BYE - Very tempting to take BYE here as Alabama is clearly struggling to score points and their defense is bad.  I'll go with a 0-0 tie.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 10:45:51 AM »
Gonna request that you pick Alabama this week.  Shouldn't be hard.  

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 11:17:02 AM »
Brutal, and I'm sure I will.

I'm clearly no savant, perhaps barely able to break even, at best.

The close calls I'm mssing more often than not.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.