header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: OT: Obituaries Thread

(Read 91835 times)

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: OT: Obituaries Thread
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2018, 01:23:23 AM »
CJ Fuller (Clemson RB 2015-17) has died at age 22.   Not a lot of details.    Really sad.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2018, 07:32:18 AM »
GodSpeed & RIP Celia,Nick & CJ
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »
Guh. Sounds like it was during his ACL operation. I've read that a blood clot is implicated. His poor family.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2018, 08:26:42 AM »
Blood Clots,sheesh Friend of mine nearly passed away when he got them in/on his lungs.Quite painful and scary,he's a pretty good dude and not prone to complain but he said he thought the jig was up.22,too damn young,bless his family

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2018, 08:34:44 AM »
My Dad suffered a stroke due to a clot the day following surgery to remove a kidney.  He was like, I think I had a stroke.   Wiped out his left side motor skills for awhile.

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »
blood clots are scary... my dad battles them in his leg.  He doesn't complain much either, but he knows when he gets them. 

Kris60

• All Star
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2018, 08:56:38 AM »
There was a pretty good 30 for 30 short about a family of professional wrestlers, a father and like 4 of his sons, that where pretty big in one of the regional circuits (Texas I believe, before the WWF/WWE was a massive juggernaut) and how all but one of the brothers committed suicide at some point.
The Von Erich family. They were huge stars in Texas in the 80s.  I think there were 5 brothers. Mike, David, Kerry, Kevin, and Chris.  As far as I know Kevin is the only one left.  Hard to imagine one family suffering that much heartache.  

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2018, 09:05:28 AM »
The Von Erich family. They were huge stars in Texas in the 80s.  I think there were 5 brothers. Mike, David, Kerry, Kevin, and Chris.  As far as I know Kevin is the only one left.  Hard to imagine one family suffering that much heartache.  
depression is hereditary... not inconceivable all suffered... we often say "he died of cancer" or "a heart attack got her", but we rarely say "depression killed them" because they commit suicide.... just something to think about, maybe... i'm dang sure no doctor, but it makes sense to me... 

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2018, 03:52:03 PM »
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The University of Michigan Athletic Department is saddened to announce that former standout running back Ron Johnson passed away early this morning (Saturday, Nov. 10) following a long battle with Alzheimer's. Johnson was the first African-American football captain for the Wolverines, being selected by his teammates to lead the team during the 1968 season.
Johnson, an All-America halfback for the Wolverines in 1968, was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1992.
He still holds Michigan single-game records with 347 yards rushing and five touchdowns against Wisconsin on Nov. 16, 1968. Johnson rushed for 1,391 yards and 19 touchdowns during his All-America season; the 19 rushing TDs are still a single-season school record at U-M.

RIP RJ he was drafted no1 by the Browns played a season then traded to the Giants

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
Dynamite Kid is dead. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2018, 11:34:25 AM »
Former IU star Eric Anderson died at 48

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/fox59/2018/12/10/eric-anderson-who-played-indiana-university-1992-final-four-has-died-hoosiers/2262565002/

He was kind of an afterthought on that '92 Final 4 team with Cheaney and Bailey and Henderson, but he was really damn good.  In fact that team was really damn good, sort of forgotten in history due to the Laettner/Hurley-Fab 5 Final Four.

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »
Mean Gene Okerlund died today.   What a legend.   One of the most recognizable faces in wrestling history.   He attended UNL for a few years in the journalism school.

RIP Super Dave Osborne as well.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2019, 04:04:38 PM »
RIP Super Dave Osborne as well.
The scene in Curb when he insists on telling Jerry Seinfeld a joke is one of the best moments of that show

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2019, 01:58:49 PM »
It was mentioned in the Bowl Games SOC thread, but probably deserves to be mentioned here. Tyler Trent passed away on NYD. 

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.