• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: 14 week season?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:30:23 PM »
Actually we already have a 14 week season. 12 weeks for games, 1 open week, and 1 CG week. Look at the Sun Belt Helmet Schedule (link) and you can more readily see what I am saying. They do not play a CG, therefore they have 12 weeks for games and 2 open weeks. It is the 15 week schedule that needs to be made permanent.

http://cdn.fbschedules.com/helmets/2017-sun-belt-helmet-schedule.pdf

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 06:47:45 PM »
i should have said "14 week SCHEDULE", which i assume to believe is just what it sounds like... i just skimmed the link, and i made the comment- but truth known, i don't know how i feel about it.  i want to watch the season as much as i can, but more games will do two things that aren't good- it will increase the likelihood of a loss no matter how good a team is due to wear and tear while not really providing a clearer picture of who is better (and because some will schedule quality and some will schedule patsies), and, statistical data will favor the extended schedules and diminish the performance of historical players.

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
After rereading the article, I am thinking that they are referring to eliminating the occasional 15 week season and making the 14 week season permanent. Reference is also made to eliminating two-a-days so the theme is elimination and not expansion.

And even if it is referring to the 15 week season, they are not talking about adding a game. The 15 week season provides a second bye week.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:49:44 PM by ALA2262 »

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »
i finally read it in whole..... I think you're right.  I would expect otherwise to have made it's rounds through other media too, which it hasn't- lending credibility to your comprehension skills over mine... :)

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 07:24:28 AM »
The SEC has discussed the two bye-15 week season. But they refer to it as the 14 week season. Which they already have.

Personally, I don't even know why they are discussing it unless they think they control the NCAA. The NCAA sets the length of the season. The NCAA tells them when they can or can't go to the bathroom!

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/sec-coaches-not-crazy-proposed-change-season
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:37:37 AM by ALA2262 »

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.