header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.

(Read 210409 times)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.
« Reply #1316 on: January 22, 2019, 02:55:34 AM »
Well crap.  For those of you thathave met Bald Greg at the tailgate or elsewhere, his unbelievably sweet and amazing wife Denise left us yesterday.  She's been battling breast cancer for the past 7 years, it went into remission for a couple of years, but came back a few years ago.  Since then it's been an ongoing battle for her, basically knowing that her time was limited but always hoping the next new chemo drug was going to be the one that solved it all.

Sadly for us, there wasn't a drug that could fix this.  My heart aches for her children-- 9yo son and 13yo daughter-- and for the rest of us that are going to have to continue on, without her infectious smile and incredible light in our lives.

Eff cancer.  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #1317 on: January 22, 2019, 02:09:11 PM »
sorry to hear this

Cancer Sucks

tragic for those children
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #1318 on: January 22, 2019, 03:11:38 PM »
My condolences cousin, to her children, her husband, family and all her friends such as yourself.  It really goes beyond words how horrible this is

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #1319 on: January 22, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »
incredibly sad, Sir. 

eff cancer indeed.  

please offer condolences from this stranger to the family. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #1320 on: January 22, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »
Thanks guys.

I'm in a really bad funk right now and I just have no idea how long it will last.

I keep thinking about just how different everything is going to be and how much I'm going to miss her, and my wife will miss her, and our kids will miss her, and obviously her kids and husband will miss her.

We had plans to go Spring Break camping together and that's now going to be so different.  Bald Greg and the kids will still come, but it's just going to be so very very different without her. Like, there will be this big gaping hole where her heart and soul and smile always were.  And my i s c & a aggie wife won't have her gal pal around, she'll be the only woman.  And that's true of so many other things that we've always done together, as the 2 families.  

Just a funky funk funk.  Ugh.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #1321 on: January 22, 2019, 04:27:53 PM »
Very sorry, utee.  My thoughts are with you and the family, I hope you can find comfort & peace through the memories you share with Denise. 

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1322 on: January 24, 2019, 06:29:36 AM »
Cancer sucks.  Sorry for your loss.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #1323 on: January 25, 2019, 01:28:28 PM »
Appreciate it, thanks.

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #1324 on: January 25, 2019, 08:36:53 PM »
I'm sorry for your loss, Utee.
Play Like a Champion Today

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1325 on: January 27, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »
Marcus, my friend.  I have been at a loss for thoughts, let alone words, since Fearless first told me about Bald Greg’s wife.

There was a time in my life when I thought that in a dark and fallen world of tragedy and calamity, God had a plan and good would prevail.  I knew the platitudes.

As I get older, I don’t know.  I know nothing.  I still believe in God but there’s nothing I understand anymore.  I can offer you no words of comfort, my friend.  Anything I could say would sound like hollow, empty BS because I just don’t know anymore.

All I can give you is the thoughts of my love as a friend and hope that maybe in this inexplicable world intangible things like love can take wings like prayers to God and mean maybe a little something more than I could ever say.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #1326 on: January 28, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »
Thanks Jon, and C-dubb too.

We'll just soldier on, it's the only thing to do.  But the extended friends/family have gotten together more in the past couple weeks than in the past several years, and that part at least has been really good.  Getting to see folks I haven't seen in years, or even a decade.

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1327 on: February 01, 2019, 12:37:56 AM »
I was thinking today about how many sites we've all posted on through the years trying to remember them all.  Starting with CNNSI in the late 90's (1997 for me) was probably one of the first forums I ever joined, and then it seems like one of the Nebraska guys started one when CNNSI folded "The Alamo".  And then Wingnut started one but I really don't remember the name.  Then Dustin Rhinebold started CFB Refugees.  I never had an account with CFN but I would passively read through the years and I think many of us were dual posting between Refugees and CFN until this site came alone.  I'm sure I missed a site or two in there or maybe confused the names and times but some of that has been a long time ago.  

I got to wondering where Dustin R is these days?  I know he was a pilot but we haven't heard from him in awhile.  I was in and out on the various boards for awhile and missed some pretty heavy news like Big Matt's passing and other items of note (seems like Burnt Eyes cracked his head very badly).  I was fairly distraught when I tried to log into Dustin R's refugee sight last year and it didn't load.  I tried searching for all kinds of things to see where everybody went but I was getting anywhere (too generic search items) until I did a search for "Hooky Hornstein" and I landed on this site.  I guess people can just fall in and out of forums over time as interests and lifestyle change but I'm glad I found this place again it really makes the season entertaining.  

I hope you're all enjoying the new year and the folks up North aren't getting too frozen.  I saw on TV that it got so cold up North a water tower around chicago actually cracked due to the cold.  Brrrrrr......

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #1328 on: February 01, 2019, 12:12:11 PM »
I was thinking today about how many sites we've all posted on through the years

The first site I ever posted on was RSFC - Rec.Sport.Football.College.  It was around in the early 90's.

It was just text, obviously.  But it was the most fun I ever had in cyberland.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #1329 on: February 05, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »
mIRC was my jam in the 90's. 

A/S/L?  

haha

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.